This week on Casper Wellness, I was so excited to chat with Rebecca Cavanagh, dietitian and founder of Good Food for a Good Mood. I’ve always been fascinated by how food affects us, what we can do to create a healthy balance around what we consume, and why good foods keep good moods flowing.
In this week's podcast, Rebecca and I speak about the importance hydration, incorporating more fibre into your day, the major role of the vagus nerve, and her easy tips we can all start implementing into our daily lives.
Here’s a recap of Rebecca’s tips from some of our chat:
- Hydrate: get those eight glasses into your day. It's super crucial to keep your brain fog-free, your stress levels under the bay, and to keep your mood good.
- Variety: make sure you get a good variety of fruits, veggies, carbs, and proteins into your body.
- Fibre: Aim to get at least 25-30 grams of fibre a day.
- Consistency: once again, consistency is key, people!
- Moderation: another essential element. Have that piece of cake, enjoy that chocolate, and savour that glass of wine; it’s all good for you! Occasional treats are definitely beneficial to your body, and can absolutely contribute to a good mood.
ABOUT REBECCA CAVANAGH
Rebecca has a Bachelor in Applied Science and a Masters in Dietetic Practice. Previously studying Engineering, working as Financial Adviser and travelling the world as a DJ, Rebecca is now fascinated with the link between our brain and our gut, and how nutrition can play a vital role in our mental health and wellbeing.
Rebecca has facilitated workshops at Music festivals and presented to organisations for health and wellbeing seminars.
Find out more here.