There are some unique and exceptional options for you this season, but first here is what you need to watch for to get the right fit.
- You should wear a jacket that fits loosely over your shoulders, but not too tightly.
- The sleeves of your blazer should hit mid-thumb when your arms are down at your sides or, in the current trend, the sleeves are slightly elongated, so they may be longer.
- If you love a blazer but it's a little too big, a few simple alterations can turn a slightly baggy jacket into a polished one.
- If I'm wearing a blazer, I typically leave the buttons undone. If it fits properly, you should be able to button it without pulling, and it should retain its shape when worn open.
- In between sizes? Always size up. Making things smaller (via alterations) is easier than trying to fit into a too-small blazer.
What's your favourite blazer style?