Milan Fashion Week is always one of the most jam-packed events each season, and of course, it was no different this time around.
Editors, influencers, and celebrities from all over the world were thrilled to come back to the Italian city for a week full of great food, great views, and fabulous shows. We didn’t want you to miss a thing, so we’ve recapped the best of the best from the Italian streets.
There were many highlights in terms of partnerships, trends, and models, so stay with us if you want to be in sync with what’s coming up next European summer. We promise you there’s something for every one of you!
This year's highlights:
- Fendi and Alberta Ferretti were two of the first to take to the catwalk, highlighting the IRL debut of Kim Jones as Fendi’s Artistic Director and featuring several reminiscences of the late fashion legend Karl Lagerfeld.
- Max Mara, as always, presented a simple but chic and classy range of earthy tones paired with a few denim outfits that had the public astonished.
- Boss x Russell Athletic threw a pretty amazing show – a game day on the field with popcorn included. A brilliant combo, right?
- Etro is the king of paisley, floral arrangements, and mandala motifs, all through a kaleidoscope lens.
- Emporio Armani celebrated its 40th anniversary with a call to the future; Armani’s niece, Silvana, took the reins while the show itself evoked the history of Armani as one of the most prominent houses on the Italian landscape.
- Missoni marked the beginning of a new era with Alberto Caliri’s extraordinary debut on the runway. Gone are the maxi dresses and long sleeves, leaving room for cut-outs and micro tops – but all with the same classy fabrics the brand is known for.
- Versace ran the show with some of the sexiest outfits of the season; Donatella Versace adores and embodies this aesthetic, so it’s no surprise that this was the primary vibe on the catwalk. To bring even more excitement into the equation, Dua Lipa and Naomi Campbell were the co-stars with Donatella herself.
- Fendace (Versace by Fendi) – needless to say, this collaboration was the cherry on top to close an incredible week. Both teams joined forces to create a collection that stood out for the clothes themselves, and the models were an equivalent of the magic that was going on. Maybe the names Kate Moss, Amber Valletta, Naomi Campbell, Gigi Hadid, Emily Ratajkowski, and Adut Akech help you paint a better picture of what we are talking about – a star-studded celebration of fashion!
Of course, in addition to the fashion shows, the Milan streets were packed with vibrant colours and an immense array of photographers trying to get the best details before each runway. These are our favourite street style looks at Milan Fashion Week SS22. Enjoy and take some inspiration for post-lockdown times – you’ll thank us later!
If you liked this article, check our feature on the Prada show here.