As the season changes, so should your skincare routine. Even for those with combination-oily skin like me, complexion can get dry and/or dehydrated with thermometers dropping down; it’s no surprise, then, that the motto of these months is hydration, hydration, and more hydration. Be gentle with your skin now more than ever, and I can promise you that eventually, it will pay off. Oh, and don't you dare ditch your SPF just because it's winter! Get used to applying sunscreen 365 days, no matter the weather and your daily activities. We highly encourage you to keep this top of mind for the foreseeable future!
How do you smoothly change your skincare, do you wonder? We recommend you swap serums and lotions for oils, emollients, creams, and ointments so you can take your hydration game to another level.
Below are our top eleven skincare products that you should add to your beauty cabinet to transform your complexion amid the chilly season.
- No7 Instant Results Hydrating Nourishing Mask – This mask is so effective you will only need three minutes to see its powerful hydrating results. Add it to your evening routine weekly to keep up that glow we know you want.
- Clarins HYDRA-ESSENTIAL RICH CREAM (for dry and very dry skin) – A balm with a rich yet lightweight texture to bathe your skin in beautiful subtle comfort. An exclusive extract of organic leaf of life is one of the formula's top ingredients in the Clarins Hydra Essential range. It allows the skin to regain its capacity to hold onto water in many circumstances.
- Susanne Kaufmann Moisturising Mask – A rich, nourishing face mask created to infuse the skin with moisture and protect it from external factors such as wind. Featuring a blend of hyaluronic acid to bind water into the skin, antioxidant almond oil to protect, and nutrient-rich wild pansy extract, it helps smooth away the appearance of fine lines, improve skin elasticity, and plump skin, leaving it looking refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Oil – It is a perfect oil for your morning routines as it recharges your skin's radiance with its vitamin C-infused formula. Vitamin C syncs with golden turmeric for that instant vibrance and antioxidant defence, leaving your complexion looking brighter and nurtured even when you can't get out of your blanket.
- Biossance SQUALANE + COPPER PEPTIDE RAPID PLUMPING SERUM – The Biossance's proprietary Rapid Plumping Complex envelopes skin for that continuous, nourishing hydration and is supercharged by a synergistic blend of three top-performing moisture-boosters. What makes it so unique? Blue copper peptide is clinically proven to encourage collagen and elasticity production, leaving skin plump and juicy.
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – The Jet Lag is a best-seller for many reasons; this vegan, hydrating, and fragrance-free face mask is designed to help nourish and soothe skin, making it your best companion for winter. Summer Fridays formula features potent niacinamide to balance and calm, glycerin and hyaluronic acid to plump, and antioxidants to help promote healthier-looking skin.
- Medik8 Hydr8 B5 Intense – Lightweight and fast-absorbing, this Medik8 new reformulated serum receive its vibrant purple hue from powerful antioxidant-rich saskatoon berry, a beautiful protector of skin's natural hyaluronic source to promote that supple complexion from the inside out.
- Rawkanvas CLARITY: NOURISHING DUAL-PHASE CLEANSER – This gentle oil and water cleanser leaves your skin clean, replenished, and nourished; it soothes the appearance of redness and irritation, making it perfect for your double cleanse routine. It also balances oily skin by reducing excess oil production, improving the skin's barrier function, and keeping moisture locked in for healthy, hydrated skin.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – An all-over moisturiser that provides instant relief and long-term hydration for dry, distressed skin and those who suffer from eczema. This formula banishes dry skin by exfoliating and improving skin's complexion without compromising long-lasting comfort. Fine lines are reduced, and the face is clear with undeniably glowing skin. It’s everything you could ask for this winter!
- Saya Intense Night Repair – This beautiful product uses Bakuchiol, the natural alternative to retinol that’s less irritating for sensitive complexions, to soften signs of ageing, hyperpigmentation, and scarring. This rich and luxurious overnight cream will smooth skin texture and improve firmness for healthier, radiant skin. It contains powerful hydrating ingredients, such as Hyaluronic Acid, to strengthen the skin barrier.
- Charlotte Tilbury Collagen Superfusion Facial Oil – A fantastic addition to bathe in during the winter, combining potent plump-effect collagen with powerhouse plant extracts and soothing essential oils. Its formula soothes, smooths, hydrates, and plumps all in one. It works alongside the skin's natural oils to help balance the look of the complexion, lock in moisture, strengthen the barrier on the skin, and help support the feel of soft and supple skin.
If you liked this article, you might like our feature on why plant pigments are included in some of the best skincare products on the market.
Hero image by Sunday Riley